Many people suffer from the issue of belly fat and want to get rid of this. Here we mentioned the top 10 exercises to reduce belly fat it might help you to reduce belly fat.
Fat accumulates on the stomach and waist in the form of abdominal fat, often called belly fat, due to genetics, ageing, insulin resistance, and lifestyle factors such as diet and exercise. With one in three adults being obese today, it’s more important than ever to reduce belly fat by exercising daily and making healthy diet choices, even if you’re already at your ideal weight!
Reduce Belly Fat with These 10 Exercises
Here are the top 10 exercises to reduce belly fat. Do these exercises and maintain a healthy weight.
1. Warm-Up Exercise
Warm-up is a great way to reduce belly fat. Before you start any exercise, it's important to warm up your muscles. A simple warm-up could include walking or light jogging for five minutes, followed by some dynamic stretching. Warm-up can be fast jumping, jogging in the same place, and stretching.
2. Knee Pushups Exercise
pushups are a great way to reduce belly fat. This exercise targets the abdominal muscles and requires no equipment, one can easily do this exercise at home. You can adapt your workout according to your fitness level because this can be done at any pace.
To do a knee pushup, follow these steps-
1. Start in a plank position with your hands on the ground and your knees bent.
2. Bring your chest almost to the ground, then push back up to the starting position.
Knee Pushups are one of the most common exercises to reduce belly fat. This exercise can easily be done and give the best results.
3. Bent Knee Crunches Exercise
Bent knee crunches are a great way to reduce belly fat. They target the rectus abdominis
, which is the muscle that runs along the front of your stomach. To do bent knee crunches, follow the given steps-
1. Lay down on the floor from the back side.
2. Place your hands behind your head.
3. Reach your knees towards your chest and lower yourself to the ground.
4. Use your abs to curl your upper body off the floor and towards your knees.
5. Hold for a count of two, then slowly lower back down to the starting position.
Bent Knee crunches can help you to reduce your belly fat faster and get back to a healthy weight again.
4. Leg raises Exercise
Leg Raise Exercise had helped many people in reducing belly fat. This is the most common and easy exercise. Follow these steps to do leg raise
1. Lay on your back on the floor.
2. Your legs should be straight up in the air. Raise your legs as straight as possible towards the ceiling.
3. Hold for a few seconds, then slowly lower them back down to the starting position.
4. Repeat for 10-15 reps.
This exercise will also help in improve better mobility of hip muscles. Leg raise is a perfect way to reduce belly fat in a shorter time.
5. Bicycle Maneuvers Exercise
Bicycle Maneuvers is an abs exercise that helps in decreasing belly fat. Here are the steps to follow to do this exercise.
1. Put your hands behind your head and bring your knees toward your chest with your feet together while lying on your back on the ground.
2. Pedal as if you were riding a bicycle for 30 seconds. Repeat the exercise for one minute, then rest for 30 seconds.
Bicycle Maneuvers is the best exercise that keeps you healthy and also helps in improving digestion. Do the exercise three times a day for best results.
Also Read:Everything you need to know about obesity
6. Boat Pose Exercise
A boat pose is a yoga posture that strengthens your muscles. A "V" shape is formed by the body and legs in this posture. In this position, the feet are raised and the body's weight is balanced on the buttocks.
Follow these steps to do Boat Pose perfectly and get the best results.
1. Start in a low plank position with your wrists under your shoulders and your feet hip-width apart.
2. Place your palms on the mat and fingers pointing forward.
3. As you exhale, lift your legs and press them to the ceiling, coming into an upside-down V shape.
Be sure to keep your shoulders pressing down away from your ears and engage your core throughout the movement.
7. Side plank Exercise
Side plank is a great exercise for toning your obliques and developing core strength. Follow these steps to do the side plank perfectly
1. Lie on your side with the elbow of the bottom arm directly under the shoulder, and the top arm outstretched above the head, palm facing up.
2. Lift hips so that they are in line with shoulders, knees bent, feet on the floor, or elevated (e.g., foot of bed).
3. Stack the right leg on top of the left so the body forms a straight line from ankles to shoulders.
8. Pelvic Lifts Exercise
Pelvic Lift is an exercise that strengthens the lower back, glute muscles, lower abdominal muscles, and balances hip muscles. Follow these steps to do the Pelvic Lifts exercise-
1. Begin by lying on your back, keeping your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
2. Place your hands near your hips.
3. As you exhale, lift your hips off the floor and towards the ceiling, until your thighs and torso are in line with each other.
4. After a few seconds, slowly lower yourself back to the starting position. Repeat for 10-15 reps.
9. Side Leg Raise Exercise
Side leg raises are a great way to target your obliques and help reduce belly fat. To do this exercise follow the following steps carefully-
1. Lie on your side with your legs extended.
2. Slowly raise your top leg as high as you can without arching your back.
3. Breathe out for a second, then inhale and drop your leg to the starting position. Repeat 10-15 times before switching sides.
10. Plank Up and Down Variations Exercise
The plank strengthens your back, hamstrings, glutes, arms, and shoulders simultaneously. You will be less likely to strain your spine and hip flexors with planks. Here are the steps to do Plank Up & Down Variations effectively.
1. Start in a high plank position, keeping your core engaged and your body in a straight line from head to heels.
2. Lower down to your forearms one at a time, maintaining the plank position.
3. Raise back up to your hands one at a time, again maintaining the plank position. Repeat this process for 30 seconds to 1 minute, then rest for 30 seconds to 1 minute and repeat for 2 to 3 sets total.
Doing Plank up and down variations for 15-20 minutes a day will help you to reduce your belly fat within 1 Month.